The filling for this dish can be very different, and depending on the filling, stuffed peppers are served hot or as an appetizer. Keep a selection of simple and delicious recipes!
1. Peppers stuffed with mashed potatoes
Bell peppers filled with mashed potatoes and green peas are very tasty and appetizing.
You will need: 5 bell peppers, 5 potatoes, 50 ml of hot milk, 150 g of frozen green peas, 1 large onion, 100 g of hard cheese, spices.
1. Mash the boiled potatoes with a crush, adding milk to get a moderately thick mashed potatoes. Mix with fried onions and green peas. Salt and pepper.
2. Cut the peppers lengthwise into “boats”, fill with potato filling, sprinkle with grated cheese and bake in the oven.
2. Stuffed peppers with meat and rice
The filling of meat and rice cereal is perhaps the most popular option for stuffed peppers.
You will need: 6-7 peppers, 250 g minced pork, 0.5 cups of rice, 2 tbsp. l. tomato paste, 1 onion, 1 carrot, 1 egg, spices.
1. Fry chopped carrots and onions in oil, mix with half-cooked rice, minced meat, add a raw egg, spices.
2. Fill the peppers with the stuffing, peeled from the stalks, fold vertically into a saucepan, pour in water with tomato paste, cook until tender.
3. Stuffed peppers with cheese and meat in the oven
Bulgarian sweet peppers filled with delicious meat filling and baked under a ruddy cheese crust.
You will need: 6 bell peppers of different colors, 1 kg of minced meat, 200 g of hard cheese, 2 onions, 4 tomatoes, 2 cloves of garlic.
1. Mix minced meat with chopped garlic and onions, salt and spices, add tomatoes cut into small cubes there.
2. Cut bell peppers lengthwise into two halves, remove seeds, fill with stuffing. Cover with foil and bake in the oven, sprinkle with cheese when serving.
4. Stuffed peppers in the microwave
Peppers in the microwave cook much faster than on the stove or in the oven.
You will need: 0.5 kg of sweet pepper, 300 g of minced meat, 0.5 cups of steamed rice, 1 onion and carrot, greens.
1. Cooked until half cooked and well-washed rice, mix with fried onions and carrots. Add chopped greens and minced meat. Season with spices.
2. Stuff the peeled peppers with the meat and rice filling, being careful not to stuff them too tightly. Place in a glass bowl and microwave for 20 minutes.
5. Stuffed peppers with mushrooms and chicken
From mushrooms with pieces of chicken meat, a very tasty filling for bell peppers is obtained.
You will need: 6 bell peppers, 550 g chicken meat, 350 g mushrooms, 2 tomatoes, 1 onion and carrot each, 180 g hard cheese.
1. Cut the pepper into halves – “boats”, dip in boiling water for three minutes, cool.
2. Fry onions, carrots and mushrooms in oil, add finely chopped meat, tomatoes, spices. Simmer all together for a couple of minutes, then fill the peppers, put them on a baking sheet and bake until tender.
3. Sprinkle the stuffed pepper halves with grated cheese, serve immediately.
6. Stuffed peppers with minced meat and barley
Not rice alone… Pepper with meat and barley porridge turns out to be no less tasty.
You will need: 10 bell peppers, 150 g pearl barley, 900 g minced meat, 2 tbsp. l. tomato paste, 10 medium tomatoes.
1. Boil barley until cooked, mix with minced meat and spices, fill the peppers peeled from the stalks.
2. Fold the blanks into a deep form, pour the stewed tomato sauce, water and tomato paste, you can add a pinch of basil and other spices.
3. Bake bell peppers with pearl barley in tomato sauce in the oven until cooked for about half an hour.
7. Stuffed peppers for the winter
Stuffed peppers with rice and meat are an excellent preparation for the winter, which you just need to put in a saucepan, pour water, bake or cook until tender.
You will need: 2 kg of bell pepper, 1 kg of minced meat, 0.5 kg of rice, 3 large onions, 2 carrots, spices.
1. Mix the cooked rice with minced meat, addl fried onions with carrots, adjust the taste with salt and spices.
2. Fill the prepared peppers, arrange on a parchment-lined plate and put in the freezer for an hour. Put the semi-finished products in a bag, tie tightly and put in the freezer for storage.
8. Stuffed peppers with cheese and tomatoes
This bright and spicy appetizer will look very appetizing on the festive table.
You will need: 6 small peppers, 1 tomato, 300 g of cheese, 2 eggs, 0.3 bunch of dill.
1. Grate cheese on a coarse grater, put in a bowl with eggs and tomatoes cut into small cubes, mix with herbs.
2. Cut the sweet pepper lengthwise, fill with stuffing, bake for 35 minutes until a crust forms.
9. Stuffed peppers with mushrooms and cabbage
The minced meat contains mushrooms and white cabbage – unusual, but very tasty and appetizing!
You will need: 8 sweet peppers, 0.25 fork of white cabbage, 500 g of mushrooms, 2 onions, 1 glass of tomato juice, 400 ml of sour cream, 100 g of hard cheese.
1. Fry the diced onion in butter, add the chopped mushrooms, and then the chopped cabbage.
2. Fill the halves of the peppers with the stuffing, put them in a mold, fill them with a mixture of sour cream and tomato juice, bake until done. Sprinkle with cheese when serving.
10. Stuffed Peppers with Minced Meat and Sesame
Stuffed peppers with minced pork and sesame are very juicy and satisfying.
You will need: 1 kg of pepper, 450 g of minced pork, 250 g of rice, 70 g of sesame seeds, 2 carrots, 1 onion, 3 tomatoes, 200 ml of sour cream, 2 tbsp. l. mayonnaise, greens.
1. Mix well roasted carrots and onions, minced meat, boiled rice, add mayonnaise, salt, spices, sesame, herbs.
2. Fill the peppers with the filling, put them in a saucepan, pour in a mixture of sour cream and grated tomatoes, season with spices, add water. Cook on minimum heat.
11. Stuffed peppers with buckwheat and cheese
Peppers stuffed with buckwheat and Adyghe cheese are an ideal dish for a family meal.
You will need: 8 green bell peppers, 1 glass of buckwheat, 2 carrots, 300 g of Adyghe cheese, 10 tbsp. l. sour cream, 2 tbsp. l. mustard, 1 tsp. ground turmeric, 0.3 tsp. zira.
1. Fry grated carrots with spices in a pan with butter, add finely chopped cheese, add buckwheat, pour water, cook until tender.
2. Tightly stuff the peppers with buckwheat-carrot mass, bake in the oven. Pour a hot dish with sour cream, mustard and greens sauce, cook for another seven minutes.
12. Stuffed peppers in a slow cooker
The easiest and fastest recipe for stuffed peppers for dinner.
You will need: 1 kg of bell pepper, 0.5 kg of minced pork, 220 g of rice, 100 g of mushrooms, 1 carrot, 1 onion, 1 tbsp. l. tomato paste, 2 tbsp. l. flour.
1. Prepare the filling of minced meat, raw rice, grated onions and carrots, finely chopped mushrooms, spices.
2. Fill two-thirds of the peppers with filling, put in a multicooker bowl, pour in two glasses of water with tomato paste and flour. Cook in the “Extinguishing” mode.
13. Stuffed peppers with quail eggs
This stuffed pepper looks very nice in the context.
You will need: 13 peppers, 400 g of assorted minced meat, 200 g of stale bread, 1 can of corn, 1 chicken egg, 12 boiled quail eggs, 1 bunch of green onions, 120 g of cheese, 0.3 bunch of herbs, 0.5 l of grated tomatoes, 100 g butter.
1. Mix minced meat, finely chopped onion, herbs, green onions, one pepper, corn, pre-soaked and squeezed bread in a large bowl. Add egg and spices.
2. Fill the peppers, peeled from the stalks, with the filling, place one quail egg inside. Put the stuffed peppers in a saucepan, cover with melted butter and tomato puree. Put a slice of cheese on each pepper, bake in the oven.
14. Stuffed peppers with couscous
An ideal recipe for those who are fasting or on a diet.
You will need: 5 sweet peppers, 150 g couscous, 250 g champignons, 3 tomatoes, 1 garlic clove, 120 g hard cheese, 0.5 tsp. ground paprika.
1. Boil couscous until almost cooked, mix with fried mushrooms, chopped tomatoes, garlic, sprinkle with sweet paprika and salt.
2. Cut the peppers lengthwise, fill with stuffing, put in the oven to bake. Sprinkle with grated cheese and serve.
15. Stuffed peppers with cottage cheese
Flavorful and healthy for the whole family, a hot appetizer that can be served for breakfast and lunch.
You will need: 5 bell peppers of different colors, 1 kg of cottage cheese, 250 g of hard cheese, 1 large bunch of dill, 3 tbsp. l. ground paprika.
1. Cut the peppers lengthwise, remove the seeds, but leave the tails, wash and dry with paper towels.
2. Cottage cheese, along with chopped herbs, pass through a meat grinder, season with paprika and salt. Fill the peppers, sprinkle with grated cheese, bake for 15-20 minutes.