Lately, everyone is talking about coaches. It seems that today every second successful blogger and businesswoman has them. BeautyHack.ru finds out who and why should contact this specialist and how he differs from a psychologist.
Psychologist vs Coach – What’s the difference?
Coaching focuses on the present and the future. He does not try to change the attitude towards what has already happened. Its task is to teach a person to think differently, make different decisions, see new opportunities, look at situations from a different angle. A coach helps change the trajectory of the future. He tries to show the difference between two worlds: the one that a person put together in his head, based on his life experience, and the world that actually exists. His work is aimed at transforming thinking here and now. It is important to help a person get rid of illusions, set up an internal compass that will help you achieve your desired goals and get new results.
What questions should I ask a coach?
When a person is dissatisfied with the results in the professional and personal areas of his life, when he realizes that he is far from what he wants, I recommend contacting a coach. Especially if many attempts have already been made to change the current state of affairs, but months and years pass, and the goals set are not achieved.
The coach understands how relationships are built and how the brain leads us away from certain decisions or actions. He is like a personal trainer who does not ask questions, but highlights the hidden and helps a person see a new path for himself.
You can come to coaching with requests from the professional and personal spheres. But most often, clients come to find their purpose, build relationships and achieve financial goals.
Of course, reaching a given goal or solving an important task is, of course, possible without the support of a mentor. The only question is how much time, money and other resources you have to spend.
Is there a guarantee that the coach will help 100%?
Working with a coach is always a joint work, 50% of success depends on you, and the other half depends on the specialist. It is impossible to exclude options in which the work does not work. If you are doing your best, but there is no result, it is better to interrupt the work and ask for your money back.
The coach does not just highlight the path and gives tools to help us accept the new reality, but brings us to the result – it helps us to become more aware, happy, achieve goals more easily, not be afraid of obstacles, use opportunities and move forward.
How many sessions do you need to resolve your issue?
Sometimes one session is enough to divide life into “before and after”. Another question is that a person, having realized a new truth for himself, will not immediately be able to change the model of his behavior – it takes time to consolidate the knowledge gained. And along the way, the coach must be there.
The number of sessions depends on the depth of the client’s request. There are those who are in coaching all the time, solving certain problems. Over time, such clients realize that they have received enough and move on on their own. There are those who outgrow one coach, moving on to a stronger mentor.
Now there are a lot of experts in the field of coaching. How to find “your own”, what to pay attention to?
I recommend paying attention to a few things:
- Diplomas and certificates. It is important that the coach is certified according to the standards of one of the coaching associations.
- Customer reviews. Most likely they are on the site. Look at the workload of the coach. The demand for his services is an important indicator.
- Specialist Depth. The coach must be sufficiently worked out himself. You can evaluate his thinking through the content in social networks or in the first session.
- Your joint work should bring results. Practice new knowledge, form new habits and thinking.
- You must be impressed by the coach. It is important to understand what kind of transformation the coach himself went through, what tools he used. The thesis that a coach should be his own case is close to me. He has reached the point where the client wants to go. And it’s not about finance at all, clients can be at a higher financial level. The point is the awareness of the coach, the rhythm of his life, the pace of decision-making, values.
Should the coach be more successful than the client?
Most coaches of Olympic champions do not have Olympic medals. In sports, this story works well. In coaching, in my opinion, it should be different. The coach first “pumps” his life, and only then works with clients. He must see and highlight moments that are still hidden for a person. And for this, he himself must achieve results in the field of application of his knowledge.