We are accustomed to perceive facial redness as a temporary phenomenon. For example, because of vivid emotions (embarrassment, excitement, anger) or after physical exertion and steaming in the sauna. But what if this effect is also in normal conditions? The owners of crimson cheeks are often worried about this. But since this does not cause any discomfort, except for psychological, they do not go to the doctor. Or they come to the reception when the situation worsens and a longer course of therapy is required.
It is based on two factors: genetic predisposition and provoking factors. These include:
- Temperature changes. Both heat (solarium, tanning, sauna) and cold (long stay in the cold).
- Alcohol abuse and smoking.
- Eating spicy and hot food.
- Long-term use of hormonal contraceptives.
- Permanent psychological stress.
- Pathology of the digestive tract.
What to do?
1. See a dermatologistwho, if necessary, will prescribe tests, refer you for examinations, prescribe the necessary drugs and give recommendations.
2. Remove or minimize trigger factors. Without this point, all the achievements of therapy will not have a long-term effect.
3. Start using special cosmetics for sensitive skin prone to redness. It contains vitamins C, K, P, which strengthen the walls of blood vessels. Such lines are La Roche Posay, Babor, L’Oréal, Garnier, Uriage, Kora, Avene and other brands. These remedies will not completely remove already visible signs, but will make them less noticeable and reduce skin sensitivity.
4. The number one procedure in the treatment of rosacea – phototherapy. The effect is on oxyhemoglobin, a natural pigment that is part of red blood cells. The energy of light is transformed into thermal energy, the walls of the vessel are “soldered” and disappear. To achieve a lasting positive effect, 3 to 5 procedures are required with a break of 3 weeks. Further, it is recommended to undergo prophylactic therapy once a year, from 1 to 3 procedures. In 92% of cases, patients are satisfied with the results. A nice bonus is the increase in skin elasticity and the disappearance of pigmentation.
With single vascular “asterisks” and with formations such as hemangiomas, a special vascular laser is more often used, which works precisely. However, the selection principle remains the same, so the skin is not affected. We observe the maximum post-procedural effects within 2-3 days: swelling and redness.
5. Botulinum toxin + mesotherapy “in one bottle” – another method used after a course of phototherapy to prolong the effect. There have already been many studies with an evidence base that botulinum toxin allows blood vessels to respond less to trigger factors. And a high-quality mesopreparation allows you to moisturize well, because dry skin = sensitive. It is important not to postpone until later, but to contact a specialist as soon as something starts to bother you.