Preparing such a crispy delicacy is not at all difficult. Homemade meringue will be much tastier and healthier than store bought, and depending on the recipe, it can be coffee, fruit and berry or nutty. Choose!
1. Swiss meringue meringue
Homemade meringue according to this recipe always turns out to be airy, dry and crispy, it does not stick to your hands and looks very impressive.
You will need: 100 g egg whites, 170 g sugar, 30 g powdered sugar, red and yellow food coloring.
1. Heat the proteins mixed with sugar on a steam bath until the crystals dissolve, pour into a mixer bowl and beat, gradually increasing the speed. At the end of beating, add powdered sugar.
2. Divide the meringue into two equal parts, add a little food coloring to each, knead until smooth.
3. Put pink cream on a sheet of cling film, and yellow cream on top, wrap tightly and twist the edges. Cut off a corner on one side, insert the resulting design into a pastry bag. Put multi-colored meringues on a baking sheet.
4. Bake at 80 degrees in the oven for one and a half to two hours, the temperature can be reduced during the cooking process, but cannot be increased.
2. Meringue “Mocha” at home
Incredibly delicious homemade meringue made from almonds, chocolate and instant coffee.
You will need: 2 cups almonds, 4 egg whites, 5 tbsp. l. sugar, 3 tsp. instant coffee, 50 g milk chocolate, a pinch of salt.
1. Add a pinch of salt to the chilled proteins and beat with a mixer, gradually introducing a mixture of 4 tbsp. l. sugar with instant coffee.
2. Combine the almonds with the remaining sugar and grind in a blender. Mix with whipped egg whites. Leave a couple of tablespoons of crumbs for decoration.
3. Pour the nut-protein mass onto a baking sheet covered with parchment, sprinkle with grated chocolate and nut crumbs. Bake at 40 degrees for about an hour. Open the oven door only after the meringue has completely cooled.
3. Homemade meringue in the microwave
In a microwave oven, meringue cooks quickly, but is in no way inferior in taste and appetizing to a delicacy baked in the oven.
You will need: 1 egg white, 150 g powdered sugar, 50 g chocolate.
1. Beat the protein into a very thick and dense foam with powdered sugar. Roll it into small balls, the size of a horse chestnut, and place them in paper cupcake tins (small cupcakes).
2. Cook for 1-2 minutes at maximum power in the microwave, wait until the meringue has completely cooled in the microwave, and only then open the door. Sprinkle with grated chocolate, you can also sprinkle with coconut or ground nuts, cinnamon, cocoa, etc.
4. Homemade meringue without eggs
Meringue at home can be made from aquafaba, which is the liquid from canned peas or the one that remains after cooking legumes. It turns out a dietary and lean delicacy.
You will need: 100 ml aquafaba, 180 g sugar, 0.5 vanilla sachet, 1/3 tsp. citric acid.
1. Beat aquafaba at the highest speed of the mixer into a thick foam, gradually introduce sugar and continue to beat vigorously until stiff peaks.
2. Add, without stopping whipping, citric acid and vanilla, immediately transfer the mass into a pastry bag, put the meringue on a baking sheet covered with parchment. Sushi in the oven with the door ajar at 100 degrees for an hour and a half.
5. Homemade cherry meringue
These are not just meringues, but festive cakes, very similar to the famous Pavlova dessert.
You will need: 4 egg whites, 300 g fine brown sugar, 1 tbsp. l. starch and lemon juice, 300 ml heavy cream for whipping, 100 g pitted cherry jam, 6 cocktail cherries for decoration, 1 sachet of vanilla.
1. Gradually add a mixture of sugar and starch to the whipped chilled proteins, then add lemon juice. Pour the resulting mass from a pastry bag into hemispherical molds so that the center remains empty. Postav blanks on a baking sheet and dry in the oven. The temperature should be no more than 100 degrees, the door is ajar.
2. Removed from the molds, fill the cooled “bezeshki” with whipped cream with vanilla. Put a few cherries and connect two blanks into a ball, garnish with cream and cocktail cherries.
6. Walnut meringue
From the norm of products indicated in the recipe, about fifty nut meringues will be obtained, the taste is very similar to the Snickers bar.
You will need: 3 egg whites, 150 g sugar, 5 drops of lemon juice, 0.25 tsp. almond essence, a pinch of salt, 0.75 cups of salted roasted peanuts, 150 g of milk chocolate.
1. While whipping egg whites, gradually add lemon juice, almond essence and sugar. Beat until stable peaks form.
2. Drop small “bezes” with a teaspoon or a pastry syringe onto a baking sheet lined with paper. Sushi for an hour and a half with the door ajar at a temperature of 100 degrees.
3. Dip the cooled blanks in melted chocolate and roll in chopped peanuts.
7. Homemade meringue without whipping
This delicacy is prepared in the microwave in just a few minutes. An excellent recipe for how to make meringue at home for those who do not like to mess around in the kitchen for a long time!
You will need: 1 egg white, 250 g powdered sugar, 0.5 tsp. lemon juice.
1. Mix the protein with lemon juice, pour in the sifted powdered sugar and mix thoroughly with a spatula. Divide into twenty parts, roll into balls, put in paper cupcake liners.
2. Put the molds with the protein mass on a tray in the microwave, cook at maximum power for 1.5 minutes. After cooling, open the microwave door and serve the meringue to the table.
8. Lemon meringue
One jar of canned chickpeas will make meringue, which is no different from protein. The only difference is that the delicacy turns out to be dietary and vegetarian.
You will need: 1 can of canned chickpeas, 200 g sugar, 1 tsp. lemon peel, yellow food coloring.
1. Strain 150 ml of liquid from canned chickpeas through cheesecloth, beat into a thick foam with a mixer at maximum speed.
2. Gradually, without turning off the mixer, add sugar, the foam should become thick and stable. At this stage, add a little yellow dye diluted in the chickpea liquid, achieving a beautiful meringue color, and pour in the zest.
3. Put small “bezes” on a baking sheet, cook in the oven at 120 degrees for one hour. The door must be left open!
9. Homemade Meringue “Crystals of the Wind”
A very unusual homemade meringue recipe, which was developed by Herve This, who creates culinary masterpieces based on the laws of molecular chemistry.
You will need: 1 egg white, 30 g fine sugar, 15 g powdered sugar and 1.5 tbsp. l. cold water.
1. Beat the protein with a whisk in one direction, be sure to do it manually! When a clear foam forms, pour in the water, whisking continuously.
2. Add sugar in a thin stream when the protein foam becomes lush and dense. Gradually add the powdered sugar, beat until the mass reaches the density and stability.
3. Put the meringue on a baking sheet with a spoon, cook at 120 degrees for 40 minutes, the door should be tightly closed. Then lower the temperature to 100 degrees, open the door slightly, cooking time is 1 hour.
4. Carefully remove the baking sheet to the kitchen table, after a minute the meringue will harden.
10. Homemade meringue “Christmas Trees”
Such a dessert is worth preparing for the festive table for the New Year. Appetizing and crispy meringue-trees will delight everyone without exception!
You will need: 100 g egg whites, 200 g fine sugar, 1 sachet vanilla sugar, 0.5 tsp. lemon juice, 5 drops of green food coloring, 3 sachets of confectionery sprinkles.
1. Combine egg whites, lemon juice, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan, put on a steam bath and beat with a mixer, gradually increasing the speed of rotation of the beaters. When the mass becomes dense, remove from the stove and beat for another five minutes, adding the dye.
2. Fill a pastry bag with meringue, the shape of the nozzle is an “open star”, put it on a baking sheet covered with parchment “Christmas tree”. Insert wooden skewers into the base of the blanks.
3. Put the baking sheet with the meringue in the oven, set the temperature to 50 degrees, and the timer to 2.5 hours.