Baked milk is made from ordinary cow’s milk. It is first boiled and then heated in a certain way, due to which the taste and color of the product changes. Of course, you can buy it in any supermarket. But we want to tell you 8 simple recipes on how to make baked milk at home!
1. Baked milk on the stove
The whole process takes about 4 hours. It is better to take an aluminum pan.
You will need: 2 liters of homemade or just fat milk.
1. Pour the milk into a large heavy-bottomed saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat to a minimum and continue to cook for 3-4 hours.
3. Periodically remove the foam, stir the milk and make sure that it does not burn.
2. Baked milk in the oven
Clay pots are ideal for making homemade baked milk in the oven.
You will need: 2 liters of milk (depending on the number and volume of pots).
1. Preheat the oven to 120 degrees.
2. Bring the milk to a boil on the stove and skim off the foam.
3. Immediately pour hot milk into pots, put in the oven and lower the temperature to 100 degrees.
4. Keep the milk in the oven for 3-5 hours, depending on the desired result. But not longer than 7 hours!
3. Baked milk in a slow cooker
Then baked milk can be used to make pancakes, pastries or cereals.
You will need: 1-2 liters of milk per standard 3-4 liters bowl.
1. Pour the milk into a bowl and cover with a steamer. So it will not run away when boiling.
2. Insert the bowl into the multicooker and select the extinguishing mode.
3. In the first half hour, periodically open the lid to check if the milk boils away.
4. Leave it in the slow cooker for 4-5 hours, depending on the volume.
4. Baked milk in a pressure cooker
This is perhaps the fastest homemade baked milk recipe we have found.
You will need: 1 liter full fat milk for about 800 ml baked milk.
1. Pour the milk into the pressure cooker, close the lid and place on the stove.
2. When it boils and the pressure cooker sizzles, reduce the heat to a minimum.
3. Boil the milk for another 20-30 minutes, turn off the stove and let it cool right there without opening the lid.
5. Baked milk in the microwave
Believe it or not, even a microwave oven is suitable for making baked milk!
You will need: 1 liter of full fat milk.
1. Pour the milk into a microwaveable ceramic bowl.
2. Turn it on and wait for the milk to boil.
3. Turn down the power, but leave the temperature. The mode for defrosting food is best suited.
4. Home baked milk will be ready in about 2 hours.
6. Baked milk in a thermos
The main advantage of this method is that it can be used even on the road.
You will need: 700 ml of milk, depending on the volume of the thermos.
1. Warm up the thermos with boiling water so that it keeps the temperature better later.
2. Boil milk in any way and immediately pour into a thermos.
3. Leave it there for 6-8 hours or overnight.
7. Baked milk with honey
And as a bonus, catch a recipe for healthy baked milk with honey, which helps even with a cold or insomnia!
You will need: 500 ml baked milk, 0.5 tsp. butter, 1 tsp honey.
1. Pour the milk into a saucepan and bring it almost to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat, add butter, and after a couple of minutes – honey.
3. Boil everything together at the lowest temperature until the desired color and consistency.
8. Coffee with baked milk
In Italy, such coffee is called cortado, and most often it is made with baked milk.
You will need: 1 tsp ground coffee, 1/3 cup baked milk, 125 ml water, a pinch of vanilla.
1. Pour coffee in a Turk with cold water and stir. Add vanilla to it.
2. Boil coffee over low heat until foam rises.
3. Heat baked milk separately and pour coffee into it in a thin stream (not vice versa!).