For acid peeling, it is not necessary to run to a beautician. The procedure can be carried out at home. The main thing is to proceed with caution. Burning the face is not included in our plans, the goals are different: to rejuvenate and refresh.
We select acids for the needs of the skin
The main criteria when choosing a home peeling product are the type of skin, its needs and the desired effect of the procedure. Each active substance in the preparation acts differently, solving certain problems. And what is perfect for one person may not be for another. Brands offer products with several types of acids: AHA, BHA and PHA.
one. AHA acids (glycolic, lactic, mandelic, malic, tartaric, citric) work only on the surface, without penetrating into the deeper layers of the epidermis. Ideal for dry, normal and combination skin. Peeling will help remove fine wrinkles, post-acne and pigmentation. The effective concentration in the product is from 5%.
2. BHA-acids (salicylic) are able to penetrate into the pores, literally dissolving impurities and eliminating black spots. The procedure is effective in combating acne and inflammation caused by high fat content. The effective concentration in the product is 0.5-2%.
3. PHA acids (gluconolactone, gluconic, lactobionic) are considered the most gentle. They are great for sensitive skin care. Such funds can be used even in summer. They moisturize and even out the tone, help get rid of pigmentation. The effective concentration in the product is up to 15%.
Preparing the skin for the procedure
Before the procedure, the skin must be cleansed – this way you will remove all impurities so that the active substances work in full force. And let it be as soft and neutral means as possible. No scrubs with abrasive particles and foams with active ingredients like retinol and vitamin C.
Don’t forget to test for sensitivity. It is important to check if the acid is causing an allergic reaction.
Don’t keep acid for long
Follow the instructions from the brand – this is one of the main rules of home peeling. Do not overexpose the product on the skin – this can cause redness and severe peeling. In this case, long does not mean good.
Light tingling is a normal reaction to acid exposure. But if a strong burning sensation has begun, the remedy must be washed off immediately: it does not suit you.
Exfoliate on schedule
Home peeling, as well as salon peeling, is recommended to be carried out in courses. But if this is your first use, it’s worth starting with once a week. So you can make sure that the epidermis tolerates the components well.
Is the result great? Then the number of procedures can be increased up to 2 times a week, if the tissues need such care. But more frequent use of active ingredients is not recommended. Acid peeling in high concentration (even at home) can be very stressful for the skin.
We provide the skin with post-peel care
Peeling renews the skin, and for some time it becomes defenseless. And here it is important to reconsider your daily beauty routine. After using acids, we include sunscreens and serums in our care – this is the best prevention against the appearance of early wrinkles and pigmentation caused by photoaging.
Products with SPF filters are a must, even if you do peeling in the winter season. After a course of procedures, it will not hurt to additionally nourish and moisturize: cosmetics will help the epidermis recover faster.
- Anti-age at 30, 40 and 50 years old: choosing the right technique to look younger than peers
- How to actually moisturize your skin: Howard Murad’s method to keep you youthful
- Facial rejuvenation without injections: down with wrinkles, spots and swelling!