Salads and snacks are, of course, good. But I want to add a few full-fledged dishes, because sooner or later the guests will get hungry. We have collected 15 step-by-step recipes for hot dishes for the New Year 2021 for you. All of them are quite simple, versatile and very tasty!
1. Duck in pomegranate glaze
The exquisite recipe is actually quite simple and does not require specific ingredients.
You will need: 1 duck, 1.5 oranges, 3 sprigs of rosemary, 200 ml of rum, 350 ml of pomegranate juice, 60 ml of pomegranate sauce, 1 tbsp. honey, 1 tbsp. coarse salt, 1 tsp black pepper.
1. Clean the duck, remove all excess and prick the skin on the breast and legs with a fork.
2. Mix the zest of 1 orange, crushed half a sprig of rosemary, salt and pepper in a mortar and mortar and rub the duck with this mixture.
3. Put in a mold, pour in the juice of 1 orange, pomegranate juice and half of the rum. Put rosemary there and send it to the oven for 2-2.5 hours at 220 degrees. Water duck with juice every 15 minutes.
4. Put the bird on a dish, and boil the rest of the liquid in a saucepan with honey, the remaining orange juice, rum and pomegranate sauce.
5. Put the duck back into shape, brush with glaze and bake for another 15 minutes.
2. Fish baked in cabbage leaves
Such a beautiful New Year’s dish can be prepared even from inexpensive pollock.
You will need: 800 g fish, 32 Chinese cabbage leaves, 4 onions, 2 carrots, 16 tbsp. tomatoes in their own juice, 8 tbsp. soy sauce and vegetable oil, 4 tbsp. olive oil, 8 tomatoes, 2 tsp. oregano and dried parsley.
1. Remove the thick part from the cabbage leaves, lightly beat off the dense areas and weld for 7 minutes in boiling water.
2. Fry chopped onions with grated carrots in vegetable oil, add tomatoes in their own juice and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Mix olive oil with soy sauce and herbs, and marinate the fish for 15 minutes.
4. Fold over 4 leaves of cabbage in a cross. Put a part of the frying in the center, a piece of fish on top, wrap the envelope and put it on a baking sheet.
5. Put thin tomato rings on top, salt and bake for about 25 minutes at 180 degrees.
3. Pork in cane sugar
Bright and unusual taste – and very few ingredients. The perfect New Year’s Eve recipe!
You will need: 1 kg pork, 1 tsp each allspice and cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper, 3 tbsp. cane sugar.
1. Wash and dry the meat, make shallow cuts on it and generously rub with a mixture of spices and sugar.
2. Put the pork in a mold and bake for about an hour in the oven at 200 degrees.
3. Serve hot or cold.
4. Casserole with potatoes and tomatoes
A very simple hot dish that is perfect for the New Year’s table.
You will need: 1 kg potatoes, 4 tomatoes, 120 ml olive oil, 1 onion, 3 garlic cloves, cheese, spices.
1. Heat up the oil and fry the onion and garlic in it until soft.
2. Add chopped tomatoes there, and after a minute – potatoes, and leave for 10 minutes.
3. Season everything with spices, put in a baking dish and put in the oven under foil for an hour at 180 degrees. Sprinkle with grated cheese towards the end.
5. Czech duck with cabbage
Serve duck with stewed or pickled cabbage and potatoes.
You will need: 1 duck, 0.5 tsp each peppercorns, coriander seeds, cinnamon, paprika, ginger, marjoram and cumin, salt and pepper, nutmeg.
1. Mix all the spices and grind in a coffee grinder or mortar. Clean and dry the duck, prick the skin, rub it with the fragrant mixture inside and out and put it under the film in the refrigerator for a day.
2. Preheat the oven to 240 degrees. Put the duck in the form on the parchment with the breast down, send it to the oven and reduce the temperature to 160 degrees.
3. After 20 minutes, turn the duck over and bake until done, basting with juice occasionally. On average, it will be about an hour.
6. Turkey drumsticks with potatoes
In this New Year’s dish, both meat and a side dish are at the same time!
You will need: 4 turkey drumsticks, 8 potatoes, 100 ml olive oil, 1 red onion, 6 garlic cloves, 16 prunes, specialai and herbs.
1. Brush the drumsticks with olive oil and roll in spices and herbs.
2. Put the meat with coarsely chopped onion and garlic on foil, and spread the prunes on top.
3. Add separately seasoned potato slices there. Wrap the foil in an envelope, send it to the oven and bake for 45 minutes at 220 degrees.
4. Unfold the foil and put the turkey and potatoes back in the oven for 10 minutes at 220 degrees for a nice crust.
7. Azu with pork and bell pepper
Choose this recipe if you want something more original than just a piece of baked meat.
You will need: 500 g pork, 1 red pepper, 1 carrot, 1 onion, 2 pickles, 4 tbsp. vegetable oil, 2 sprigs of parsley, a pinch of turmeric, 2 tbsp. flour, 1 glass of broth, spices.
1. Cut into strips all vegetables, including pickles, and fry in vegetable oil.
2. After 7 minutes, add strips of pork there and fry for another 15 minutes, stirring.
3. Add flour, fry and fill the mixture with broth or plain water. Add spices and stew azu for 15 minutes, and garnish with herbs when serving.
8. Spicy fragrant fish
It turns out very tender, but with a slight pleasant sharpness.
You will need: 500 g of sea fish, 5 cloves of garlic, 2 onions, vegetable oil, ketchup, paprika, coriander, chili flakes, pepper, salt, mixed herbs.
1. Salt the fish fillet, roll in spices, spread crushed garlic on top and leave for 2 hours.
2. Dip each piece in vegetable oil, brush with ketchup and put in a mold.
3. Top with chopped onion and bake for 30 minutes at 180 degrees.
9. Chicken up your sleeve
An ideal hot dish for the New Year for those who follow their figure.
You will need: 1 chicken, 30 g butter, 1 orange, 4 potatoes, 2 carrots, 300 g pumpkin, 2 sprigs of parsley and thyme, 1 tsp. paprika and oregano, 1 head of garlic, 1 tbsp. flour, salt and pepper.
1. Brush the cleaned chicken inside and out with butter and rub with a mixture of spices. Inside, put half the garlic cloves, parsley, thyme and orange quarters. Secure the hole with toothpicks.
2. Cut the vegetables into arbitrary pieces, but do not cut too much. Salt and season them separately.
3. Pour flour into the sleeve and shake. Then fold the chicken with vegetables, tighten and mix again. Poke a few holes in the top for steam.
4. Bake everything for 1.5 hours at 180 degrees.
10. Baked vegetables in garlic marinade
Optionally, add mushrooms, beans and any other ingredients to the dish.
You will need: 1 eggplant, 1 zucchini, 1 pepper, 1 onion, 1 beetroot, 2 tomatoes, half hot pepper, 2 tbsp. vegetable oil, apple cider vinegar and soy sauce, 1 bunch of cilantro, 6 cloves of garlic, spices.
1. Cut the vegetables into large pieces and put in a mold. If using beets or potatoes, make them a little smaller.
2. Mix oil, vinegar, soy sauce, chopped herbs, minced garlic and spices and pour the marinade over the vegetables. Leave them to marinate for an hour under the lid.
3. Bake vegetables for about 40 minutes at 200 degrees.
11. Chicken drumsticks in mustard-honey sauce
Universal classic hot dish for the New Year’s table.
You will need: 8 chicken drumsticks, 4 tbsp. honey, 2 tbsp. mustard, 1 tbsp. paprika, salt.
1. Mix 2 tbsp. honey, mustard and salt, and marinate the washed drumsticks in them for 40 minutes.
2. Put them on a baking sheet, sprinkle with paprika and marinade fields.
3. Bake for 40 minutes at 200 degrees, and 10 minutes before the end, brush the drumsticks with the remaining honey.
12. Pork with spinach in garlic-orange sauce
This is such an interesting combination of products and flavors!
You will need: 450 g pork, 4 tbsp. olive oil, 1/4 cup orange juice, 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard, 1 tbsp. honey, 1 garlic clove, 900 g spinach, spices.
1. Fry the meat over medium heat for 1 tbsp. oil for about 20 minutes.
2. Whip orange juice, honey, mustard, 2 tbsp in a blender. oils and spices to taste.
3. Another 1 tbsp. Heat the oil in a frying pan and stew the spinach on it, adding it in portions as the volume decreases.
4. Cut the pork, lay it on the spinach and top the fields with the sauce.
13. Christmas Chicken in Soy Sauce
Christmas spices give it an oriental touch.
You will need: 1 chicken, 500 ml soy sauce, 5 cm ginger root, 4 garlic cloves, 4 green onion stalks, cinnamon stick, star anise, 1 dry chili pepper, 3 tbsp. Sahara.
1. Boil water and dip the peeled chicken in boiling water 3-4 times for 15 seconds to scald the skin.
2. When it dries, coat it with a little soy sauce and leave for an hour.
3. Pour sugar into a saucepan with a thick bottom and melt it to a state of caramel. Add coarsely chopped ginger and garlic to it.
4. Pour in about 1 liter of water and 500 ml of soy sauce, add green onions and all spices, and bring to a boil.
5. Put the chicken in the pan breast down, cover with a lid and after boiling, simmer for 5 minutes over low heat. Turn over and boil for another 30 minutes.
6. Turn over again, bring to a boil, turn off the heat and leave to brew for 20 minutes under a lid and a towel. Serve the chicken with the rest of the sauce, which has just reduced and thickened.
14. Baked vegetables with cheese
A light but hearty hot dish for the New Year can be served separately or instead of a side dish.
You will need: 1 zucchini, 1 zucchini, 1 eggplant, 2 peppers, 2 onions, 2 carrots, 200 g cherry tomatoes, 200 g cheese, 150 g sour cream, 2 tbsp. olive oil, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp. salt, pepper, paprika and suneli hops.
1. Cut all the vegetables into large pieces and randomly lay out in a baking dish.
2. Sprinkle them with spices, add sour cream, mix and put in the oven for 20-30 minutes at 200 degrees.
3. Sprinkle them on top with grated cheese with chopped garlic and send back for a couple more minutes to melt the cheese.
15. Baked cauliflower with mushrooms
Another beautiful and interesting vegetable recipe for the New Year holidays!
You will need: 1 head of cauliflower, 500 g mushrooms, 250 g cheese, 250 ml sour cream, spices.
1. Boil the cauliflower in boiling water for 4 minutes, let it cool and separate into florets.
2. Cut the mushrooms into medium pieces, mix them with cabbage, sour cream and spices.
3. Sprinkle everything with grated cheese and send it to the oven for half an hour at 180 degrees.